The Meridian House and the White-Meyer House, headquarters of Meridian International Center, are both examples of residential jewels of renowned architect John Russell Pope, who designed the Jefferson Memorial, the National Gallery of Art (West Building) and the National Archives. The houses are adjacent to each other and surrounded by beautiful historic gardens, forming a city block of supreme historic and architectural interest. Each house provides a unique, unmatched venue for your next event, whether it be a corporate conference, a wedding, a special event, or a reception.
Public hours will end at noon on Saturday, 11/22 . Public hours resume on Sunday, 11/23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Meridian will be closed for tours and public hours from Wednesday, 11/26 through Sunday, 11/30 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
The Meridian House entrance boasts a welcoming limestone façade and two large oak doors. Over the front doors, the Latin inscription, “Quo habitat felicitas nil entret mali,” provides an inspiring message: “Where happiness dwells, evil will not enter.”
Though nestled quite close to the heart of Washington, DC, Meridian House is a spectacular retreat, surrounded by stone walls which shelter a grove of linden trees and manicured gardens.
Cocktail Reception: 200 maximum
Seated, with Dancing: 190 maximum*
*The property is most flexible at 150 seated guests or less. From May through September, the maximum capacity is 150 guests, so that we can best regulate the interior temperatures of the house.
High Season: $12,000
April, May, June, September, October
March, July, August, November, December
Low Season: $8,000
Venue rates are for 10 hours of use (including setup and breakdown), use of Meridian’s tables and chairs for up to 150 guests, access to a private parking lot that accommodates 30 cars, and one hour of rehearsal time (subject to house schedule).
Conference: 100, theater-style
Cocktail Reception: 200 maximum
Seated Dinner: 20-150 maximum
Daytime Rental Rates:
Monday through Friday
Full Day: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$5,000 corporate / $3,500 non-profit
Half Day: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
$3,000 corporate / $2,000 non-profit
Beginning after 4 p.m.
Receptions and Dinners:
101-200 guests: $8,000 corporate / $5,500 non-profit
51-100 guests: $5,500 corporate / $4,500 non-profit
less than 50 guests: $4,000 corporate / $3,000 non-profit
Due to the popularity of social and wedding events on weekends, rental fees are subject to social rates during the peak months of March through November.
Meridian is pleased to offer reduced rates for non-profit entities with 501(c)3 documentation and government entities.
Venue rates include the venue’s main floor and gardens, use of Meridian’s tables and chairs for up to 150 guests, and access to a private parking lot that accommodates 30 cars.
To confirm an event date, a deposit equal to 50% of the venue rental rate is due upon signing of the contract. A refundable security deposit in the amount of $750 ($500 for non-profit entities) is also due, and will be refunded no later than 30 calendar days after the event, if no damages, overtime, or other charges have been determined.
Event time begins when the first vendor arrives to begin setup and concludes when the final vendor leaves. Any event overtime is billed at $750/hour, or any fraction thereof.
Piano Move: $500
Piano Tuning: $150
The full amount of the Rental Fee Deposit shall be returned (less a $750 processing fee) to the Contracting Party if Meridian is notified of the cancellation of the Event at least 9 months/270 calendar days for weddings (or 6 months/180 calendar days for corporate, non-profit) prior to the Event. Half of the Rental Fee Deposit shall be returned (less a $750 processing fee) to the Contracting Party if Meridian is notified of cancellation at least 6 months/180 calendar days for weddings (or 3 months/90 calendar days for corporate/non-profit) prior to the Event. In all other cases, the Rental Fee Deposit shall be forfeited to Meridian.
- Cash bars are not permitted at any time.
- All events must be pre-paid. Selling tickets or taking fees on the premises is not allowed.
- All music will be held to DC ordinance levels of 75dB. Indoor amplified music is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. on weekends, and 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. on weeknights. Outdoor amplified music is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. on weekends and 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on weeknights.
- Bands and orchestras must be approved by Meridian in advance to ensure that power and setup needs do not exceed venue capabilities.
- Candles in glass, such as votives or hurricanes, are allowed.
- Red food and beverage are permitted in Meridian House; red food and beverage is not permitted in White-Meyer House.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the house.
Meridian works with a list of Approved Vendors in service areas that most directly impact operations within the venue and neighborhood. Inclusion on this list does not constitute an exclusive contract or endorsement by Meridian International Center.
The Catering Company of Washington
For other service areas such as floral, décor, entertainment and photography, the Event Host is welcome to use a vendor of their choice, provided the vendor is in good standing at the venue and has the appropriate documentation and insurance certification on file.
- Site tours are offered Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., subject to house schedule. An appointment is required to view the property during this time.
- The house and grounds are available for viewing Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. during public hours (no tours), subject to house schedule. Visitors are encouraged to call ahead for weekend schedule.
- Meridian International Center is closed on federal holidays.
- We are located at 1630 Crescent Place, NW, Washington DC 20009
Please send Us a Message