Meridian International Center is a prestigious Washington, D.C., venue with far-reaching contacts in many sectors. Exhibitions at Meridian’s Cafritz galleries result in high-level opening receptions and convening events. The galleries are available to organizations in the United States and abroad for select exhibitions and related activities that align with Meridian’s commitment to foster public and cultural diplomacy. This is an ideal way for others, including diplomatic missions, to promote their goals in the U.S. capital.
Meridian’s Cafritz Galleries are available for rental under the following guidelines:
- Artistic medium and subject matter must be approved through a vetting process by Meridian International Center in collaboration with potential renters.
- Meridian’s preferred art handlers must be used for all installations and de-installations.
- Renters must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by Meridian’s Events Division.
- Objects should be limited to two-dimensional artworks and not occupy floor space.
- All art must be covered under the renter’s fine art insurance policy.
- Expenses associated with the presentation must be covered by the renter.
Meridian staff will work with renters on logistics concerning installation and de-installation, shipping, gallery signage, and event coordination. Renters will be responsible for carrying out such activities, but Meridian will provide guidance and counsel. Promotion and marketing are to be handled by the renter, with Meridian informed about outreach activities before they occur. Gallery floor plan and dimensions will be provided to potential renters upon request.
Rentals generally should be for a minimum of one week and for as long as one month. Rental periods will be agreed upon based on Meridian’s program schedule.
The gallery rental fee is based on a one week display and includes installation and de-installation dates prior to and immediately after the rental period. Such work cannot take place on Mondays and Tuesdays, but Meridian can arrange for these services to occur on Sundays. The one week minimum rental fee is $4,000 and can be pro-rated based on the duration of each rental.
Public gallery viewing hours in the White-Meyer House are:
Wednesday-Sunday 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. Hours can be extended into the evenings at additional cost for security.