Human Resources Internship
- Preparing orientation packages and participating in orientation process
- Researching and helping to implement best practices for in-house HRIS; entering data as appropriate
- Researching and implementing use of Salesforce for HR
- Hands-on experience in payroll processing/record keeping
- Using vendor connections to update personnel records as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree focused on Human Resources, HR Management, OrganizationalDevelopment or similar
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Preference for interest in global issues and international affairs and experience working with diverse cultures and languages
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency in Windows based applications including Microsoft Word and Excel is mandatory
- We are looking for an intern that will commit to at least 10-25 hours per week
- This internship is unpaid. Meridian does provide a $7/day transportation stipend.
This internship is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment on an historically significant campus and to learn HR best practices and innovation. The Meridian staff is a diverse group of people who have lived, worked and studied all around the world. Additionally, you will have access to all that Meridian has to offer, including seminars and public programs on a variety of topics and art and education programs.