Digital Communications Director
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports To: Executive Vice President/COO
Purpose and Description
Under the supervision of the Executive Vice President/COO, the Digital Communications Director will have direct responsibility for developing and implementing communication strategies to broaden awareness of Meridian’s programs, events, and activities, strengthen Meridian’s brand as a premier global leadership organization, and increase external engagement with Meridian’s work and philanthropic opportunities. This position will collaborate closely with the Creative Director and External Affairs team.
- Develop and implement Meridian’s multi-media Communications strategy with unified messaging, tone, and narrative arc; ensure adoption and promotion of “core” messaging for organizational consistency
- Interact with and engage external audiences through compelling storytelling, data analytics, digital communications platforms, and social media
- Coordinate with Creative Director to develop, prioritize, and schedule institutional communications pieces and collateral material creation
- Oversee inter-departmental Communications Committee and social media team to facilitate and execute communications strategies
- Coordinate with Creative Director and Communications Committee to ensure website is updated and accurate; serve as content driver for website, blog, and other publications as needed
- Work closely with all Programs to ensure continuity on all creative aspects related to visual elements of Meridian events, including branding, video, print, signage, and website
- Maintain and develop media relationships in relevant sectors to facilitate appropriate coverage in print, online, and broadcast media outlets
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Digital Media, or related fields
- Minimum of 4-6 years of communications/social media experience in a non-profit, association, political campaign, or government agency
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior written and verbal English communication and writing skills, to include proofreading and editing
- Demonstrated experience in all digital and social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other team members as well as program teams in a diverse environment
- Relentless energy, keen attention to details, and strong organizational skills
- Pro-active, self-starter, and self-learner, who takes initiative to identify gaps and find and/or create custom solutions
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.